Friday, September 23, 2011

Mobile Experience for SCOM 2007 R2

Hi, folks!

I hope that it's surprise for me only - not for you, but I've found that you can try mobile experience for IT Operations with SCOM 2007 R2. There are JalaSoft Xian Wings 2010 for System Center Operations Manager 2007! Check this product out! Right now they offer it for three platforms: iPhone, BlackBerry and Windows Mobile. Yes...looking to this platform I can suppose that it's rather old product (I can't imagine that somebody use Windows Mobile now :) and BlackBerry platform is also dead now).
Unfortunately I couldn't try it because it's not so easy to get evaluation copy of this tool. Also I'm not sure that JalaSoft is going to develop this deriection to support more actual mobile platforms like the latest versions of iOS, Android and Windows Phone. It looks like that it's not so profitable market or they didn't invested in marketing enough.
What we have now - just impressive screenshots:

...and some video-tutorial which explains these capabilities with more details. For me - it's interesting enough to start work in this direction because I believe that IT ops really needs powerful mobile solution to work with their IT infrasctructure - at least for monitoring (which usually related with some urgen actions).

No comments:

Post a Comment