Tuesday, December 14, 2010

OpsMgr: Deleting Cluster (Agentless Managed) entities after hosts have been retired

Hi!

Here is an interesting repost from System Center Central about clear decomissioning Windows Server Cluster from SCOM monitoring. It looks like that it describes pretty popular mistake of IT guys :) So, let's look what they offer to do (post of Pete Zerger):

The Problem

The company retired a clustered set of servers before I was able to remove the SCOM agent from them. They have been wiped and repurposed already, so there's no chance of getting them back.I am unable to remove the agents from the 'Agent Managed' list because I get a "Agent (hostname) is managing other devices and cannot be uninstalled. Please resolve this issue via Agentless Managed view in Administration prior to attempting uninstall again." There are cluster groups listed (as healthy, LOL!) in 'Agentless Managed' view that will not go away. I have right-clicked and hit 'Delete' and receive no error, but the entities will not delete.

How do I get rid of these entities so that I can finally delete the absent hosts?

No comments:

Post a Comment